Sunday, February 17, 2019

YOUR VIEW OF YOURSELF

Buddy Owens & Jeremiah Goley


“Be made new in the attitude of your minds.” Ephesians 4:23 (NIV) 

“Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing, and perfect will.”Romans 12:2 (NIV)  


•  
Conform means... 
to fit into a mold; make or become the same; to behave in a conventional way by accepting without question the customs, traditions and prevailing opinions of others


•  
Transform means...
to change the nature, character or personality

Repent: metanoia = change the way you think

Confess: homologeo = say the same thing



• When I  
say what God says


I begin to  
think like God thinks

“Be made new” = renovate



•  
Renovation


begins with  
the removal of unwanted things

“Some sat in darkness and deepest gloom, imprisoned in iron chains of misery . . . ‘LORD, help!’ they cried in their trouble, and He saved them from their distress. He led them from the darkness and deepest gloom; He snapped their chains. Let them praise the LORD for His great love and for the wonderful things He has done for them. For He broke down their prison gates of bronze; He cut apart their bars of iron.”Psalm 107:10-16 (NLT) 

“There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” Romans 8:1 (ESV) 

“Anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!” 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NLT) 

“For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”Hebrews 4:12 (NIV) 



• God isn’t asking me to  
make


a promise  
I cannot keep



He’s asking me to  
receive


a promise  
only He can keep


My Faith Confessions



I believe Jesus Christ died for my sins and rose again from the dead on the third day. (1 Corinthians 15:3-4) 

I am a new creation in Christ; the old life is gone, a new life has begun. (2 Corinthians 5:17) 

The Son has set me free. I am free indeed! (John 8:36) 

There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:1) 

God is faithful. He will not let me be tempted beyond what I can bear. (1 Corinthians 10:13) 

Nothing can ever separate me from the love of God in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:38-39) 

He is able to do immeasurably more than all I ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within me. (Ephesians 3:20) 

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13) 

Greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world. (1 John 4:4) 

God is for me! Who can be against me? (Romans 8:31)


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Space between our Prayers and Praise

 What do we do while we wait for our prayers to be answered?   In Daniel 10:11-13,  Daniel's prayer was answered the first day he prayed...