Sunday, February 10, 2019

THINK LIKE JESUS by Rick Warren

Paul “We can understand these things, because we have THE MIND OF CHRIST!” 

1 Corinthians 2:16 (NLT) 

“In your lives you must think and act like Christ Jesus.” Philippians 2:5 (NCV) 



10 CHARACTERISTICS OF THINKING LIKE JESUS

(All quotes from Jesus)

1. I KNOW  

exactly who I am.



    




Jesus: “I AM: . . the Bread of Life.”   
John 6:35 . . . the Light of the world. 
John 8:12 . . . the Good Shepherd 
John 10:11 . . . the Resurrection & the Life.
John 11:25 . . . the Way, the Truth & the Life. 
John 14:6 . . . the True Vine.
John 15:1 . . . the Son of God.
Mark 14:61-62 






    



          


2. I KNOW  

God's purpose for my life. __
“. . . I know where I came from and where I am going.” John 8:14 (NIV) 

Jesus at 12: “I must be about my Father’s business.” Luke 2:49 (KJV) 

“I must proclaim the Good News about God’s kingdom, for I was sent for this purpose.” Luke 4:43 (RSV) 

“My purpose is to give life in all its fullness.” John 10:10 (NLT) 


3. I’M ALWAYS AWARE  

that God is with me. 

“I am not alone because the Father is always with me.” John 16:32 

“Jesus OFTEN slipped away to be alone so he could pray." Luke 5:15-16 (NCV) 


4. I LET GOD HELP ME  

choose my words. 

“I have not spoken on my own. Instead, the Father who sent me tells me what I should say and how I should say it.” John 12:49 (GW) 


5. I DON’T WORRY ABOUT  

pleasing everyone.

“I only try to please the One who sent me.” John 5:30 (NCV) 

“No one can serve two masters . . .” Luke 16:13 (NIV) 


6. I DEPEND ON  

God's power instead of my own.

“I assure you, the Son can do nothing by himself. He can only do what he sees his Father doing . . .” John 5:19 (NIV) 


7. I FORGIVE  

my enemies, and those who've hurt me. 

“Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” Luke 23:34 (NIV) 

“Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those which despitefully use you or persecute you.”Matthew 5:44 (KJV) 


8. I AM WILLING  

to sacrifice for others.

“I am the good shepherd . . . and I lay down my life for the sheep.” John 10:14-15 (NLT) 

“I CAME here not to be served but TO SERVE OTHERS, and TO GIVE my life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45 

“This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for each other.” 1 John 3:16 


9. I WANT TO DO  

God's will not mine.

“I came. . . to do what God wants me to do, not what I want to do.” John 6:38 (NCV) 

“I want the world to know that I love the Father and that is why I do everything exactly as the Father tells me to do.” John 14:31 (NCV) 

“Abba, Father, everything is possible for you. Please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.” Mark 14:36 (NLT) 

“Jesus humbled himself and was fully obedient to God, even when that caused his death on a cross. So, God exalted him and raised him to the highest place, and made his name greater than every other name.”Philippians 2:8-9 (NCV) 


10. I THINK WITH AN  

eternal perspective.

“Jesus was willing to die a shameful death on the cross because of the joy he knew would be his afterward. Now he is seated in the place of highest honor beside God’s throne in heaven.”Hebrews 12:2 



HOW CAN I LEARN TO THINK LIKE JESUS?

• STUDY  
His life and words
IN THE BIBLE

“Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we’re in. Study how he did it.” Hebrews 12:2 (Mes) 

• ASK GOD TO SHOW ME  

the meaning or a text

AND  
how it applies to me today.

“Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your Word!” Psalm 119:18 

Jesus: “. . . the Spirit will take from what I have to say and make it known to you.” John 16:15 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Space between our Prayers and Praise

 What do we do while we wait for our prayers to be answered?   In Daniel 10:11-13,  Daniel's prayer was answered the first day he prayed...