Sunday, February 24, 2019

Rethinking my view of God

Tom Holladay & Santosh Swamidass



Great is the LORD! He is most worthy of praise! No one can measure his greatness. Psalm 145:3 (NLT) 


6 ways to change your life by rethinking your view of God:

ACCEPT HIS  

unconditional love


For it is by God’s grace that you have been saved through faith. It is not the result of your own efforts, but God’s gift, so that no one can boast about it.Ephesians 2:8 (TEV)  


Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.Romans 5:1 (NLT)  


For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” Hebrews 13:5b (NLT) 

APPRECIATE HIS  

Holiness


No one is holy like the LORD! There is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God. 1 Samuel 2:2 (NLT) In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name.Psalm 33:21 


I am the high and holy God, who lives forever. I live in a high and holy place, but I also live with people who are humble and repentant, so that I can restore their confidence and hope.Isaiah 57:15 (GNT) 

TRUST HIS  

judgement


Who in the world do you think you are to second-guess God? Do you for one moment suppose any of us knows enough to call God into question? Clay doesn’t talk back to the fingers that mold it, saying, “Why did you shape me like this?”Romans 9:20 (MSG) 


Be patient when you are being corrected! This is how God treats his children. Don’t all parents correct their children? Hebrews 12:7 (CEV) God did not send his Son into the world to judge the world guilty, but to save the world through him.John 3:17 (NCV) 

UNDERSTAND HIS  

timing


Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! Psalm 27:14 (ESV) 


The Lord isn’t slow about keeping his promises, as some people think he is. In fact, God is patient, because he wants everyone to turn from sin and no one to be lost.2 Peter 3:9 (CEV) 


“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.” Isaiah 55:8 (NLT) 

RESPECT HIS  

strength


The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.Psalm 18:2 (NLT) 


Or did you think that because he's such a nice God, he’d let you off the hook? Better think this one through from the beginning. God is kind, but he’s not soft. In kindness he takes us firmly by the hand and leads us into a radical life-change.Romans 2:4 (MSG) 

ENJOY HIS  
presence


You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11 (NIV) 


My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? Psalm 42:2 (NIV) 


“For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.””Romans 8:15 (NIV) 


Then Jesus opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. Luke 24:45 (NCV) 


But God has given us his Spirit. That’s why we don’t think the same way that the people of this world think. That’s also why we can recognize the blessings that God has given us.1 Corinthians 2:12 (CEV) 


Great is the LORD! He is most worthy of praise! No one can measure his greatness. Psalm 145:3 (NLT) 

Verse List


TEN VERSES TO REMIND ME WHO GOD IS:


For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.Zephaniah 3:17 (NLT) 


For I am certain that nothing can separate us from his love: neither death nor life, neither angels nor other heavenly rulers or powers, neither the present nor the future, neither the world above nor the world below—there is nothing in all creation that will ever be able to separate us from the love of God which is ours through Christ Jesus our Lord.Romans 8:38-39 (GNT) 


No one is holy like the LORD! There is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God. 1 Samuel 2:2 


I am the high and holy God, who lives forever. I live in a high and holy place, but I also live with people who are humble and repentant, so that I can restore their confidence and hope.Isaiah 57:15 (GNT) 


I am the Lord your God who teaches you for your own good, who leads you in the way you should go. Isaiah 48:17 


At the time I have decided, my words will come true. You can trust what I say about the future. It may take a long time, but keep on waiting--it will happen!Habakkuk 2:3 (CEV) 


The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to anyone who seeks help from him. Lamentations 3:25 (GNT) 


Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.Isaiah 41:10 (NLT) 


God is our shelter and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not be afraid, even if the earth is shaken and mountains fall into the ocean depths; even if the seas roar and rage, and the hills are shaken by the violence.Psalm 46:1-3 (GNT) 


You have shown me the paths that lead to life, and your presence will fill me with joy. Acts 2:28 (GNT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Space between our Prayers and Praise

 What do we do while we wait for our prayers to be answered?   In Daniel 10:11-13,  Daniel's prayer was answered the first day he prayed...