Saturday, August 3, 2019

GOD’S PROMISES TO YOU WHEN YOU’RE AFRAID OF FAILING


“But the servant who had been given just one talent said “I was AFRAID I’d LOSE IT, so I HID the talent you gave me. I went out and BURIED IT in the in the ground and now I’m handing it back to you!” That made the Master mad and he said, ‘You lazy and wicked servant! . . . You should have at least put it in a bank where it would gain some interest! But you DID NOTHING with what I gave you so I’m taking back the one talent I gave you and I’m going to give it to the man who multiplied the ten talents I gave him. To those who USE WELL what I give them, they will be given even MORE!’”Matthew 25:25-29 


HOW CAN I NEUTRALIZE THE FEAR OF FAILURE?

4 Truths to Remember & 4 Steps to Take

1. REMEMBER  

everybody fails.   It takes faith to step out.  

We ALL stumble in many ways.” James 3:2a (NIV) 

“There is NO ONE on earth who always does what is right all the time and never makes a mistake.” Ecclesiastes 7:20 (TEV)  


2. REMEMBER  

no failure is final unless I give up.  

“For even though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again.” Proverbs 24:16 (NIV) 

“We must never get tired of doing good because if we don’t give up in the struggle WE WILL get our harvest at the proper time!” Galatians 6:9 (JB) 


3. REMEMBER FAILURE IS THE PATH TO SUCCESS IF  


I am humble & learn from it.  

“A man who refuses to admit his mistakes will never be successful. But if he confesses and forsakes them, he gets another chance.” Proverbs 28:13 (LB) 

“These things (that happened to people in the Bible) are warnings written down so that we don’t repeat their mistakes. They came before us but we are just as capable of messing it up as they were!”1 Corinthians 10:11 (Mes)  


4. REMEMBER THAT NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, GOD’S PROMISES TO  


use it for good in my life.   

“And we know that in all things God works FOR THE GOOD of those who love him, who’ve been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28 

“Look at all the ways in which your distress has goaded you closer to God! You’re more alive, more concerned, more sensitive, more reverent, more human, more passionate, more responsible. Looked at from any angle, you’ve come out of this with purity of heart.”2 Corinthians 7:11 (Mes) 


5. REFUSE  

to compare myself to others.  

“You should judge your own actions but never compare yourself with others. Then you can be proud for doing your best (without comparing yourself to anyone else.)”Galatians 6:4 (NCV/LB) 

“We don’t dare to compare or classify ourselves as some do. For when they measure themselves by one another and compare themselves with one another, they are unwise, acting foolish.”2 Corinthians 10:12 (ESV/GW)  


6. REDEFINE  

the meaning of failure.  


Failure Is NOT:
missing a goal.
being unable to do something
Real Failure Is:
not having a goal
being unwilling to try


“Without faith it is impossible to please God.” Hebrews 11:6 (NIV) 

“According to your faith it will be done to you.” Matthew 9:29 


7. REFOCUS  

on God's love for me and others.  

“Wherever God’s love is, there is no fear, because God’s perfect love drives out all fear.” 1 John 4:18 (NCV)  

“Love never stops being patient. Love never stops believing. Love is always hopeful. Love never gives up. LOVE NEVER FAILS!” 1 Corinthians 13:7-8a  


8. REPLACE  

with faith in Christ. 

“I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ gives me.” Philippians 4:13 (TEV) 

“Fear not, for I am with you! Be not dismayed, for I am your God! I will strengthen you, and I will help you, and I will uphold you with my righteous right hand!”Isaiah 41:10 (ESV) 

“God does not give us a spirit of fear that makes us afraid. Instead he gives us a spirit of power and of love and of self-control.” 2 Timothy 1:7 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Space between our Prayers and Praise

 What do we do while we wait for our prayers to be answered?   In Daniel 10:11-13,  Daniel's prayer was answered the first day he prayed...