Monday, December 31, 2018

Making the New Year New

“I know what I am planning for you,” says the LORD. “I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future.” 

Jeremiah 29:11 (NCV) 


I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me… I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.Philippians 3:12-14 (NIV) 

1. WHAT DO I NEED TO  

PUT OFF

AND WHAT DO I NEED TO  

PUT ON


You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.Ephesians 4:22-24 (NIV) 


The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Romans 13:12 (NIV) 


But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and don’t let yourself think about ways to indulge your evil desires. Romans 13:14 (NASB, NLT) 


For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. Galatians 3:27 (ESV) 

2. WHERE ARE THE  

CLOSED DOORS

AND WHERE ARE THE  

OPEN DOORS


There is a wide-open door for a great work here, although many oppose me. 1 Corinthians 16:9 (NLT)  


“See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut.” Revelation 3:8 (NIV) 


Paul and his companions traveled throughout the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been kept by the Holy Spirit from preaching the word in the province of Asia. When they came to the border of Mysia, they tried to enter Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them to. So they passed by Mysia and went down to Troas. During the night Paul had a vision of a man of Macedonia standing and begging him, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.” After Paul had seen the vision, we got ready at once to leave for Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them.Acts 16:6-10 (NIV) 

3. WHAT SEEMS  

IMPORTANT

AND WHAT IS TRULY  

IMPORTANT


“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
Matthew 6:25,33 (NIV)  
“Teacher, which command in the law is the most important?” Jesus answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and most important command. And the second command is like the first: ‘Love your neighbor as you love yourself.’”Matthew 22:36-39 (NCV)  


What is important is faith expressing itself in love. Galatians 5:6 (NLT) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Space between our Prayers and Praise

 What do we do while we wait for our prayers to be answered?   In Daniel 10:11-13,  Daniel's prayer was answered the first day he prayed...