Saturday, February 26, 2011

Horse or Mule?


In Psalm 16:7 (KJV), David said that God steers him like a horse with reins. 

"I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons." 

In Psalm 16:8-9A (NIV), David spoke of feeling God’s tugs to the right or left which brought a grin to his face. 

"I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices." 

In Psalm 32:8-10, God spoke through David by saying, 
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; 

I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. 

Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you. 

Many are the woes of the wicked, but the LORD’s unfailing love surrounds the one who trusts in him. " 

God doesn't like to direct with pain like the bit cutting into a horse's tongue, 

but He will if He has too. 

He would much rather be gentle and kind like with a horse falling in step by a rein placed gently upon his neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Space between our Prayers and Praise

 What do we do while we wait for our prayers to be answered?   In Daniel 10:11-13,  Daniel's prayer was answered the first day he prayed...